August 1, 2014 Patch
Source: Amplitude Developer Blog
Beta Early Access, Release Version 0.5.18
Changes and Additions
- Enabled Tiny and Huge maps.
- Enabled 7th and 8th Player slots.
- Added Gauran and Hurnas minor factions.
- Added new diplomatic terms: commercial and research agreement.
- Heavy modifications of the tech tree. Some technologies can unlock several constructibles or bonus empire. Text and icons are still WIP.
- Increased the requirements of the next Era (10 unlocked technologies instead of 8), but to unlock a new area, you now have to research 10 technologies of any previous era (and not the last era anymore).
- Added the Roving Clans scene in the outgame view.
- District and City Center levels are capped to 2. Their level is now displayed in their tooltip.
- In Game Chat:
- Ensure we'll show all messages received, even without opening the chat window first. Also clearing the backlog when starting a new game (or loading a save).
- When the chat panel is not visible, incoming messages are discreet (the panel doesn't pop-up anymore).
- Fixed the fading out of the chat, when in "discreet" mode (+no scrollbar, no mouse grab).
- Added a new Unit capacity: “Revive” (for Ardent Mages' Eneqa Wing)
- If the phoenix is killed, it is transform(sic) into an egg with 50% of its max health.
- An egg can't attack but can still be targeted.
- All the eggs still alive at the end of a battle are killed if they don't have friendly units with them.
- Added a new Unit capacity: “Parasite” (for Necrophages' Proliferator)
- The proliferator uses Parasite by attacking. A unit with a parasite that dies in a battle gives a Forager unit to its enemy.
- Disease immunity protects from parasite.
- Added new world generation options.
- Added a new option to scale the speed of battles (animation, FX, movement...).
- Added an in-game stats panel in the Empire screen.
- Added Steam Cloud support.
- Added a Retreat button for attacked armies: retreating deals 50% of the max health to all units retreating and requires 1 Army Action Point.
- Added the display of the Diplomatic abilities to the Diplomacy/Negotiation screens.
- Added the display of the trade routes in the strategic world view.
- Improved the feedback (effects and icons) of the Unit and Hero capacities.
- Updated the native capacities of all of the units.
- Updated the capacities on weapons.
- Removed the army action cost for the Search, Bribe and Parley army actions.
- Now flying have their own default attack which can be countered if the terrain allows it.
- Reworked the critical formula: now deals damages equal to attack instead of critical.
- Added the display of the upkeep cost in the Unit tooltip.
- Added the display of the remaining action points in the army panel.
- Units' level are limited to 9 instead of 20.
- Increased the experience needed to level up. Updated the experience reward per era to fit with the new levelling threshold.
- Decreased price of heroes, increased their sensibility to inflation.
- Increased winter maluses (-2Food/Dust on Food/Dust tiles, -1 Industry on Exploitation Area). Several buildings don't work in winter.
- Necrophages' Sacrifice resets the growth timer.
- Added more information concerning the players' status on the MP loading screen.
- Improved the desync detection tool.
- Fixed an issue where clients remain stuck in multiplayer sessions without migrating the previous host after s/he leaves.
- Fixed an issue where a skippable assert resulted in a block when choosing auto or manual combat.
- Fixed an issue where the creating/loading of a session is paused whenever users switch to another windows task by alt-tabbing.
- Fixed an issue where clients is stuck inside the lobby screen whenever the host switches to another task by alt-tabbing.
- Performed some memory optimisations, improved the performance on 32-bit systems.
- Fixed an issue where destroying and rebuilding minor faction villages can be used as an exploit to increase city population.
- Fixed an issue where a desync is generated when a user obtains a regular technology as a quest reward during the same turn in which s/he completes the research of another technology.
- Fixed an issue where a session desyncs when the host buys a hero from the marketplace.
- Fixed an issue where a session desyncs whenever a third player switches slots and joins a multiplayer session while it's being created.
- Fixed an issue where the server migration fails whenever the host either quits or is defeated during a session.
- Fixed an issue where the AI does not attempt to complete side or main quests.
- Fixed an issue where the game stops loading graphic assets in the later stages of a game when zooming out.
- Fixed an issue where a graphical corruption is displayed inside the city list screen when colonising over 40% of a large map.
- Fixed an issue where switching to 1920x1080 windowed mode does not centre the game window on the main screen.
- Fixed an issue where the chapter 5 Roving Clans alternative quest cannot be completed.
- Fixed an issue where loading the session causes the army spawned during the 1.2 "Digging in" quest to remain stationary instead of assaulting the city.
- Fixed an issue where the Dust line exceeds the graphic in the score screen.
- Fixed an issue where the score screen does not display numeric values on the X and Y axis for the empire score and turns passed.
- Fixed an issue where geoconstructible extensions is shown when the empire is lacking the strategic resources to construct them.
- Fixed an inconsistency between the City Banner timer and the Construction Queue timer.
- Fixed an issue where Expansion victory does not activate an alert notification at 50% progress.
- Fixed an issue where activating or deactivating the big screen user interface changes the position of the notification icons on the UI.
- Fixed an issue where quest screen text become unintelligible due to the winter background.
- Fixed an issue where there is no visual element in the multiplayer lobby to mark the Host.
- Fixed an issue where in the city list screen, there is no buyout button for the displayed queued item.
- Fixed an issue where the Diplomatic offer proposed window does not give any information about the proposed treaties.
- Fixed an issue where a skippable assert is generated when a user selects a faction in the drop down list during the "End turn" phase and that faction was eliminated during that same turn.
- The Auto-explore army action is enabled for the first army only.