October 14, 2016 Patch
Release Version 1.5.0 - Tempest & Pact of the Seas
- Added ability to trigger battles on the ocean tiles.
- The land and sea theatres of war are kept apart to allow for slightly different mechanics and to make balancing simpler. Doing so also avoid degenerate edge-case battlegrounds with insufficient available *land or sea tiles to make the battle interesting.
- Added Privateers' reinforcement system (privateers can be reinforced and can reinforce).
- Added a new victory condition: Shared Victory.
- Added a new game option for the faction randomization at the start of a game.
- Added new attitude score modifiers. The AI empires now reacts when:
- An enemy, an ally or a friend of the AI has been eliminated by the player.
- An empire known by the AI has been eliminated by the player.
- Third party cities are being taken, especially those of allies.
- The player is at war with an AI's ally.
- The AI has witnessed an act of betrayal from the player against a player's ally or friend.
- The player is near to achieving any one of the active victory conditions.
- The player is allied with an AI’s enemy.
- The player and AI have been at peace or in an alliance for a protracted period of time.
- Added new key bindings in order to ease the use of the Steam Controller.
- Added a 64-bit version for Mac OSX.
- Added 4 classes of Fomorians ships. Naval units can be merged with land units on water tiles. Naval units can be garrisoned on Fortresses. Naval units will spawn on the customizable city location (Dry Dock).
- Added 60+ items belonging to the new naval equipment, providing new effects on oceans.
- Added Fortresses (3 Citadels and 33 Facilities). Sea Fortresses are strategic locations on the water for players to fight over. They are a focal point for naval warfare as they provide powerful economic and strategic bonuses. Some of their empires’ strategic and luxury resources will now come from their facilities rather than from land-based deposits. Managing to control every fortress in a region should grant still greater rewards.
- Added Sunken Ruins.
- Added a new Army action: Dive.
- Added 50+ naval quests (through Fortresses and Sunken Ruins).
- Added a new Major Faction: the Morgawr. The Morgawr are a mysterious, malevolent force from the deep. Their powers are in mind control and curses, rather than military, economic, or industrial strength. They are out for themselves, seeking only to evolve, grow, and climb all the way to the stars. Execution of their own destiny is what is important to them, and things such as diplomacy and war are tools to achieve this.
- Added a new trait: Dissent - Pacified Minor Faction villages can be instigated to rise up and cause trouble by the faction having this trait.
- Added a new trait: Catspaw - Roaming Minor Faction armies can be controlled by the faction having this trait.
- Added a new trait: Black Spot - Put the black spot to an empire which may be attacked regardless of its diplomatic relations towards all empires. Eliminating its units will give Dust.
- Added weather effects impacting fleets on the map and in battle - The sea weather layer will make strategic and tactical movement and placement more interesting, and should also emphasize the dangerous, fickle, fluctuating nature of oceanic territories.
- Added a new fleet action, unlocked by the Artillery capacity: Coastal Bombardment.
- Added a new starting city improvement: Coastal Battery.
- From the depths, an unspeakable horror arises.
- Added 4 Tempest in-game soundtracks.
- AI now takes into account the strategic and luxury resources it and the other empire have in stock and produce per turn when estimating wealth (in order to evaluate diplomatic terms). Balancing of commodities versus technologies and contracts.
- The cost of a market ban will now be higher if it was recently removed or nullified (and vice versa).
- Lowered AI's evaluation of its own technology and resources.
- +5% increase in the perceived AI value of strategic equipment technologies.
- Aggressive actions should tend to push AI to war rather than cold war and closed borders. In general the AI should only desire cold war if you have not interacted with it either positively or negatively.
- Attitudes now influence the buy and sell prices of resources and technologies in diplomatic exchanges.
- AIs which desire war with an empire will now be much less welcoming of peace and alliance propositions.
- Lowered AI desire to build stockpiles.
- Closing borders increases desire for war; global war desire increase desire for alliances; desire for cold war will tend to disappear as the game progresses (in favour of war/peace/alliance); balancing of market ban and market ban removal terms.
- Research and Commercial agreement diplomatic abilities are removed if disabled due to closed borders - ie. they no longer "respawn" when borders are opened again.
- Raised the utility of unlocking certain tier 2 and 3 unit bodies, notably the Necrophages Necrodrone and Proliferator.
- Debuff units will no longer choose to target units immune to debuff in battle (unless they have no choice).
- The number of converted villages is taken into account in all costs usually using the number of cities in their formula (infiltration actions, diplomacy, boosters).
- Increased by 50% Dust cost of Stun Ardent Mages spell.
- Updated the way the world generator handles oceans.
- Multiplied by 5 the Influence bonus granted by killing enemy units of your allies.
- Bound to the opponent's Era the amount of Influence granted when killing opponent’s units of an ally (+5 per Era).
- Reduced of 1 the Influence bonus granted by the Wild Walkers quest technology "Visions of Glory" (4 instead of 5 per building built).
- Added 5% of world regeneration to quest armies.
- Decreased from +50% to +40% the bonus granted to Minor factions in the global quest "Minor Faction, Major Pain".
- Updated AI parameters for item materials: AI should no longer overvalue Titanium and Glassteel items and undervalue Dust, Adamantian, Palladian, Mithrite and Hyperium items.
- Increased the bonus given by "Will of the hive" Necrophages trait, from a flat 4 to 10%.
- "Natural Immunity" capacity no longer protects against "Parasitism".
- +1 Fortification damage on unit from "Practiced Pillage" Forgotten trait.
- Increased a bit Infiltration points per turn granted by the "Spy" capacity: Lv1:+4, Lv2:+6, Lv3:+8, Lv4:+12.
- "What's Mine Is Mine" Forgotten technology now also grants +3 Infiltration points on all Heroes infiltrated.
- Reduced decrease in trust from stealing Pearls, increased the impact of exploration lead on map and vision exchange agreements.
- The "Army Hit" notification informs when a fleet or an army is destroyed.
- Added +10% Science on "Nyctalopian Lenses" Blessing.
- Added visual effects and animations to the Altar of Auriga.
- Added visual effects to Defensive Towers.
- A new set of Blessing starting traits: equipment, stockpiles, "Chapel of Auriga" and "Nyctalopian Lenses" can be taken as custom faction traits.
- Reduced the pearl cost of the "Garth of the Allayi" city district (from +4 to +3 per Garth built).
- Added +100% recovery rate of ownership on cities to "We Chosen Few" trait.
- Increased the custom trait cost of "We Chosen Few".
- Decreased the cost of the Allayi affinity.
- Improved the Winter effect bid and Blessings interest computation for AI empire.
- Increased by 50% Pearl and Industry cost, and reduced of 1 Dust bonus granted by the "Winter Borough".
- Fixed an issue where a null reference exception may be raised when transferring flying unit up a cliff.
- Fixed an issue where a skippable assert is received when loading a saved game during the end turn phase on sessions with multiple AIs and a particular context.
- Fixed an issue where Drakken AI does not use Force Truce, Force Peace and Force Alliance declarations.
- Fixed an issue where resources owned by the AI are overvalued during trade.
- Fixed an issue where the AI deal approval bar for the player opening its borders can be negative during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where AI major factions declare closed borders without reason during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where AI factions do not offer truce along with bribes when being unable to win wars.
- Fixed an issue where AI major factions are unwilling to send or accept offers to share vision during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where AI factions break peace treaties without reason during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where AI factions break alliances without reason during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where AI major factions are unwilling to send or accept offers for map exchange.
- Fixed an issue where the player cannot form a meaningful relationship with the AI.
- Fixed an issue where AI factions do not send offers to share vision and map exchange.
- Fixed an issue where AI trust is not modified after capturing a third-party city.
- Fixed an issue where the AI does not use the "Vision and map embargo" diplomatic treaty.
- Fixed an issue where the message received by the user that he has armies on the AI's territory is also generated during war.
- Fixed an issue where Roving Clans AI propose "Market ban removal" during war.
- Fixed an issue where the "imminent victory" reason can be displayed multiple times inside the AI trust tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the AI deal attitude bar is not modified to display the outcome of adding resources or technologies in multiplayer sessions.
- Fixed an issue where AI factions do not react when players betray their friends or allies.
- Fixed an issue where AI Empires do not react to the fact that one of the opponents is close to achieving victory.
- Fixed an issue where the AI Empires do not react when a user is close to a victory condition.
- Fixed an issue where AI Empires do not use ocean trade routes.
- Fixed an issue where AI factions do not use the "market ban removal" diplomatic offer.
- Fixed an issue where the A.I. offers a message of relationship improvement the turn after the player did something negative to it.
- Fixed an issue where AI empires can declare vision embargo when they have the relationship status "Trusting".
- Fixed an issue where the Broken Lords AI faction does not equip heroes with items.
- Fixed an issue where the AI overstates the value of a technology.
- Fixed an issue where privateers' encounters are taken into account for AI attitude computation.
Heroes and Armies
- Fixed an issue where units spawned in village and in roaming armies do not respect the current era.
- Fixed an issue where "Technolover" capacity does not increase the damage bonus when the specific strategic booster is activated.
- Fixed an issue where the morale bonus from "Shared wisdom" capacity increases based on the number of units adjacent to each other.
- Fixed an issue where the player is unable to merge a land unit with an army that is on an ocean tile.
- Fixed an issue where ship contents cannot be merged.
- Fixed an issue where the user cannot transfer units from land to an adjacent water tile.
- Fixed an issue where ships do not have a specific movement attribute.
- Fixed an issue where the movement path simulation is not red when attempting to move an army on top of another from a distance of 2 tiles or more.
- Fixed an issue where Eslek Tarosh can be built sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where, when splitting an army to a non-adjacent tile, no movement path will be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where armies containing only the hero unit cannot be merged with other owned armies without generals assigned.
- Fixed an issue where the auto exploration process becomes non-functional if it is interrupted it.
- Fixed an issue where the roaming armies units are not deselected if the unit enters into fog of war.
- Fixed an issue where the Proliferator Necrophages unit can target friendly units which are immune to parasitism when they have low health.
- Fixed an issue where the Ardent Mages spell effects are not displayed in the Status Effect.
- Fixed an issue where only one army can join the battle as reinforcements whenever an owned city without garrison is assaulted.
- Fixed an issue where units are healed from the "Life Siphon" capacity for the same amount regardless of the damage inflicted during their turn.
- Fixed an issue where a low tier "Disease" debuff is not replaced with a higher tier during battles.
- Fixed an issue where the "Cocoon" capacity is inconsistent with its effects.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for the "Blessing" skill is inconsistent with its effects as it also provides immunity against parasitism.
- Fixed an issue where "Life Drain" capacity supplies false information.
- Fixed an issue where when attacking a city garrison the battle odds indicator displays false information.
- Fixed an issue where strategies cannot be changed in manual combat if units have more than 12 capacities.
- Fixed an issue where the Battle algorithm uses the transition cost to determine the attack range.
- Fixed an issue where the privateers can be reinforced in battle with normal army.
- Fixed an issue where the Preacher's "Unleashed Potential" support ability does not play the animation when casted multiple times on the same target.
- Fixed an issue where the position of reinforcing armies is not saved for the combat results notification.
- Fixed an issue where the graphic effects from when a unit is infested with "Disease" are displayed before the infestation action actually takes place.
- Fixed an issue where capacities are always displayed of level one inside the affected unit's panel as status effect.
- Fixed an issue where no status effect is displayed in the unit panel for units affected by the "Cocoon" capacity.
- Fixed an issue where the defense bonus from the Drider "Cocoon" capacity is inconsistent with the tooltip information.
- Fixed an issue where water tiles are marked as usable for deployment during battles.
- Fixed an issue where researching the Drakken "Protectors of Auriga" technology will also display the "Native district" in trade.
- Fixed an issue where the "Cellulose mutation" Necrophages trait cost is too low compared to its effects.
- Fixed an issue where the encounter notification for factions using the "Pitiless" trait is contradictory.
- Fixed an issue where heroes of the Broken Lords faction do not have sound effects.
- Fixed an issue where Influence cost can have a float value in the empire plan for cultists having converted villages.
- Fixed an issue where Drakken factions can use diplomatic trade to receive "Native District" which unlocks "Protectors of Auriga".
- Fixed an issue where the Aggression during Cold War notifications are received with a delay.
- Fixed an issue where the dust bonus received from commercial agreements is not removed when declaring embargo.
- Fixed an issue where the science bonus received from research agreements is not removed when declaring embargo.
- Fixed an issue where a modifier is displayed multiple times in the influence cost tooltip for Drakken forced truce/peace/alliance.
- Fixed an issue where empires can be banned from the market multiple times in the same turn.
- Fixed an issue where human players have an attitude bar for deals in diplomacy.
- Fixed an issue where the alliance tooltip provides false information about the influence modifier timer as it is based on game speed.
- Fixed an issue where the peace tooltip provides false information about the influence modifier timer as it is based on game speed.
- Fixed an issue where the notification message saying "Our common friend joins the alliance" is displayed during "Peace".
- Fixed an issue where no diplomatic feedback notification is received after converting AI villages.
- Fixed an issue where AI offer disappears after clicking on Counter Proposal.
- Fixed an issue where AIs react to stolen Pearls even without the Shifters content.
- Fixed an issue where on Slow or Endless game speed, all reduction cost bonus increase Production cost.
- Fixed an issue where maximum Militia units are not displayed in the City garrison.
- Fixed an issue where automated construction will add the city improvements that can be built only once per empire to the construction queue of multiple cities.
- Fixed an issue where the Mithrite Tome accessory does not increase the city's approval based on the number of garrisoned militia units.
- Fixed an issue where scaffolds do not disappear if a village is converted while being rebuilt.
- Fixed an issue where the city list randomly changes the player's selection when opening the automated governor drop down list.
- Fixed an issue where an empty notification is displayed if a construction is blocked or completed at the same time as the "Salting the earth" action is completed.
- Fixed an issue where a city can be besieged by an army located on a cliff.
- Fixed an issue where the assimilated minor faction bonus remains in the empire bonuses after the village is converted.
- Fixed an issue where Empire dust income per turn is not updated to reflect the hero upkeep cost changes.
- Fixed an issue where the objective of the "From dust to rust" cooperative quest is misleading.
- Fixed an issue where the objectives of the side quest "The hole in the wall" are not properly balanced with the quest reward.
- Fixed an issue where the user does not receive a dust reward anymore for completing the "A Plague of Savagery" quest.
- Fixed an issue where "Minor Faction, Major Pain" event gives its attributes bonus to Converted villages.
- Fixed an issue where the game version is out of bounds when booting on the big screen user interface.
- Fixed an issue where several units in the faction selection screen do not display a scroll bar.
- Fixed an issue where missing mods are not displayed in the active and last compilation shortcut tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where reskinned items are not displayed in their designated location inside the forge.
- Fixed an issue where no decimal values for exchanges are displayed on the exchange info panel in the marketplace screen.
- Fixed an issue where the army/city switch doesn't work by using the right arrow.
- Fixed several issues in texts.
- Fixed an issue where "Market Alchemist" legendary deed requirement is unclear.
- Fixed an issue where the position of guardian actions are displayed inconsistently inside the actions panel.
- Fixed an issue where AI major factions do not build all colossus units on the normal or lower difficulty levels.
- Fixed an issue where the Scyther unit is displayed as having both Guardian Slayer 2 and 3 while equipped with Scythe of Auriga.
- Fixed an issue where the notification displayed when a roundup completes has the same title for the friendly roundup and the enemy roundup.
- Fixed an issue where pressing the quest locator button during the 6th chapter of the Forgotten questline does not cycle through the marked ruins.
- Fixed an issue where if the user destroys a city with a privateer army his infiltrated spy will be injured.
- Fixed an issue where the "Hero Exfiltrated" notification is received when the user moves a hero from the espionage assignment to an army or a city.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip information displayed for the "Rest and Relaxation" trait is misleading.
- Fixed an issue where the "Pillage performed" diplomatic reason is applied even when the action was performed by an invisible and undetected army.
- Fixed an issue where the "Ongoing pillage" diplomatic reason is applied even when the pillaging army is invisible to the AI.
- Fixed an issue where the Forgotten AI faction does not equip heroes with items.
- Fixed an issue where some capacities are displayed in double because of the Dual Wield ability of the Forgotten units.
- Fixed an issue where a graphical corruption is displayed on Forgotten Assassin unit.
- Fixed an issue where hidden units become visible to minor faction roaming armies after retreating from battles.
- Fixed a null reference error occurring when armies are hit by defensive tower.
- Fixed an issue where the "Ice works" blessing improvement can be built in cities without rivers or water.
- Fixed an issue where "The Pilgrims of Auriga" Chapter 4, steps 1 and 3 are completed when another user parleys with the objective villages.
- Fixed an issue where the noted effect for the "Chapel of Auriga" blessing is misleading by informing players they must rebuild villages.
- Fixed an issue where the "Ice Works" city improvement cannot be constructed when exploiting sea/lake tiles with ice shelf.
- Fixed an issue where the Shifting Rage combo buffs are not properly removed when the combo counter increases.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for "Chapel of Auriga" displayed in the faction editor screen is inconsistent.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for "Nyctalopian Lenses" displayed in the faction editor screen is inconsistent.
- Fixed an issue where the ghost placement model for districts unlocked from blessings is inconsistent with their 3d model.
- Fixed an issue where the damage indicator is not displayed at the beginning of the "Seeker" attack animation.
- Fixed an issue where Strategic intensifier does not double resource income when built before the exploitation technology is discovered.
- Fixed an issue where Luxury intensifier does not double resource income when built before the exploitation technology is discovered.
- Fixed an issue where users are not informed about the "Ice works" construction requirements.
- Fixed an issue where Allayi summer regeneration bonus was not applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue where units do not remain shifted using the "Shapeshifters" blessing after save/load.
- Fixed an issue where the unit panel is partially displayed for Allayi heroes during battles on the big screen UI.
- Fixed an issue where deployment areas cannot be seen on frozen water tiles.
The Lost Tales
- Fixed an issue where the village marked for Step 3 of the "Pet sounds" quest can be located in regions not colonized by users.
- Fixed an issue where no message is displayed when parleying with Hurnas during the second step of "Running with the hunt".