Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Talk:Endless Legend Wiki
Everyone cool with the new logo? I thought I give it some cleanup making the bolder WIKI and moving the icon to the left side. The original was a placeholder for when I had a chance to spiff it up a little. --Thenightfollower (talk) 04:11, 9 May 2014 (PDT)
- looks nice, but the black "wiki" text clashes with the picture of the units behind it, at least on the iPads relatively small screen --Atonement (talk) 06:45, 9 May 2014 (PDT)
- Ok, I totally forgot about iPads and such, changed it to give some shadow if it laps over. I think changing the images at the top is probably in the works for the near future as well... I'm imaging some pixel art of the heroes, but that might be to cutesy, maybe some dungeon of the endless style?? If you see something holler. --Thenightfollower (talk) 02:07, 11 May 2014 (PDT)
The Ice Wargs are the unit, Geldirus is the race. Can this be changed on the front page? Also, Can Empire Plan be added to the "game Mechanics" section? --Carolean7 (talk) 14:52, 17 October 2014 (PDT)
Front Page Revamp
I created an Empire Plan page, mind adding it under the "Game Mechanics" section?
A bigger point. I feel that the organization of some of the links here seems a bit dated now that we have filled in much of this site (GO US! YAY!). The Factions (maybe rename it to Major Factions?), Minor Factions, and Resources sections are all fine, however the rest doesn't seem as clearly organized. For instance: there are separate links for "Population units" and "Population"; Also "Capacities" and "Equipment" are under "Heroes", but they also belong to "Units" too: Additionally I don't even know what "Statistics" is supposed to be; Finally how are the pages reserved for "Equipment" and "Armory" under "Heroes" different from the whole section with multiple pages under "Items"? Clearly some pages need to be deleted, consolidated, or added. Anyway, here is my current realization:
- Unit Types (this page would have lists of all the units that fit into each unit type: Heroes, Infantry, Ranged, Support, Flying, Calvary)
- Attributes (goes into detail about what health, speed, defense, attack, and initiative mean. Also describes the modifiers during battles: moral, forest cover, etc...)
- Hero Skill Trees
- Capacities (includes capacities for both heroes and units (and equipment???))
- Experience (describes the formula for gaining experience for both heroes and units, also the formula for how stats increase with with levels)
- Research Tree (name changed from the current "Tech Tree", to reflect more what is seen in the game)
- Cities (Describes how FIDS are gained by terrain, city improvements, boroughs, and population. Also covers city growth by food and approval)
- City Improvements
- Empire Plan
- Minor Faction Assimilation
- Battle System (covers all the specifics of how battles work)
- Terrain Types
- Victory Conditions
- I agree greatly with the proposed changes. I'll wait a little while before doing anything to see if any others have input Atonement (talk) 15:31, 19 October 2014 (PDT)
- Sweet Kali. I like the style. Good work. A bit hard to see the red, at small size, I removed the color here to see what it looks like . --Carolean7 (talk) 07:06, 24 October 2014 (PDT)
- Seeing these together I'm thinking either no red or the entire interior of the hexagon should be red. --Carolean7 (talk) 07:07, 24 October 2014 (PDT)
I am seeing kali's vsn on chrome's most visited pages screen or whatever, and I actually like it in practice, but it could be because I know that it's the EL icon under the W. Wonder how it looks to someone without that background? http://imgur.com/pwZ6xqe Atonement (talk) 07:06, 27 October 2014 (PDT)
Add "Games and expansions" section
Why is the front page protected?
I use the wiki a lot and figured I could fix up the major factions section since it's missing the Morgawr and icons for the Forgotten and Allayi but it was locked to admin only??